Hobbies that Make Money: Couponing, Grocery Shopping, & Meal Planning
~ This article may contain affiliate links. I only suggest product or services I believe will benefit my readers. All opinions are 100% mine! ~
You may not consider couponing, grocery shopping, and meal planning hobbies; but for those who have it down to a science can definitely teach others how they get it all done.
Hobbies that make money are a great way to start a side hustle. You might even be able to turn that hobby into a full time income.
We are talking to Erin Chase who has turned ordinary chores into a thriving business.
I don’t know about your house, but 4:30 pm to 5:oo pm is when our kids get a little hangry (hunger induced anger) and hankry (hunger induced crankiness)!
There is always at least 1 kid begging for my attention, which makes it tough to cook at best and sometimes impossible!
Meet Erin Chase, busy mom of 4 boys, she has solved your dinner time dilemma with her blog and business 5 Dollar Dinners and MyFreezEasy.
Erin is a former teacher who has built her side hustle (blogging hobby) into a 5 figure per month business. I’m excited to introduce you to Erin Chase as she shares how she turned dinner time into a blogging empire with recurring revenue!
Please give us a little background on yourself, how you started 5 Dollar Dinners (what gave you the courage to start your own business), and how it’s going for you right now.
What exactly do you offer with 5 Dollar Dinners? Can you explain this more for those who are unfamiliar with the product/services?
What is the major benefit of 5 Dollar Dinners?
What stage would you say your business is at and how long did it take you to get to this point?
How does social media & blogging play a role in your business?
What advice do you have for someone who is thinking about starting a business?
Give us your favorite place to go for business advice books/websites/podcasts.
- Erin has some serious experience preparing dinners for a big family!
- We all know how to do something well. I love that Erin was able to take something that seems so ordinary (like couponing, grocery shopping, meal planning, and cooking dinner) and turn it into a profitable business.
- Erin’s advice about finding a need in the market is key to building a successful business. Grocery shopping, meal planning, and cooking dinner are a BIG pain point for a lot of people. She has been successful at meeting that need in a simple and productive way.
- If you are thinking about starting a business, then determining the problems of your market/audience is a great place to start!
- Make Extra Cash with Antique Plates: Interview with Colleen Munyan
- Turn Calligraphy into Your Career: Interview with Dawn Nicole
- Earning Over $50,000+ per month Blogging: Interview with Michelle Schroeder